Your say: survey results are in
A survey of residents across the region is helping Council to understand levels of satisfaction with Council services and activities. This was an important opportunity to gauge Council’s performance in the eyes of our community.
Key findings included;
- The vast majority of respondents (75%) think the WRC area is a great place to live;
- 69% agreed Council provides important services;
- Overall, 42% of residents were satisfied with Council, 35% were neither satisfied or dissatisfied, and 17% were dissatisfied;
- Residents are most satisfied with kerbside waste services (61%), parks, reserves, playgrounds (56%) and public toilets (51%);
- The country lifestyle yet being close to the city (59%) and the warm and friendly community (44%) were the most attractive reasons to live in the Wakefield region;
- Respondents identified priority areas for further improvement as: Unsealed road maintenance, Road surfacing (bituminising), Footpath maintenance;
- Most reported being satisfied with the service they received from Council, with 87% noting the courtesy and politeness of staff, and 75% noted staff professionalism.
These findings will help us when creating our plans for the region and assist in understanding the best way for us to communicate with our residents.
Feedback on our road network
Council’s road network was a clear concern for respondents, especially those who live in the South Ward, which includes the towns of Hamley Bridge and Owen.
Road maintenance and surfacing were identified as the most important services by 50% of respondents.
Unsealed road maintenance received an importance rating of 96% but levels of satisfaction were only 25%, while road surfacing (bituminising) received an importance rating of 92% and a satisfaction rating of only 24%.
Please keep providing feedback
While the survey is important, we are always looking to improve our services, and encourage you to 'have a say'.
Would you like to comment?
Give us your feedback on our services and programs in the field below or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail to PO Box 167 Scotland Place Balaklava SA 5461.