COVID-19 Community Support Package
Wakefield Regional Council has approved a $867,000 community support package as a first round of assistance as it works to steer the region through the COVID-19 crisis.
The package directly targets those significantly impacted by measures introduced due to the COVID19 pandemic. It includes:
- Rate relief for significantly impacted businesses, ratepayers, sporting clubs and community groups, with full remission of fourth quarter 2019/20 rates and service charges for ratepayers who can show they have been directly impacted by COVID-19;
- Grants of up to $5,000 for significantly impacted businesses to assist with the engagement of professional support services or to encourage operational improvements or repositioning, and;
- Utilities support of up to $5,000 to help sporting clubs and community organisations significantly impacted by COVID-19 pay their water and electricity bills.
Apply for community grant or rates remission
Select which funding or support stream you'd like to apply for today to move on to the application process.
- up to $5,000 for businesses who have suffered significant financial losses as a result of COVID-19.
- up to $5,000 to help sporting clubs and community organisations significantly impacted by COVID-19.
- The opportunity to apply for a remission of fourth quarter rates and service charges will be available when the 2019/20 final quarter rates notices are sent out. Please wait until your receive your notice, which will include more details on eligibility and how to submit a form.
Successful Applicants - business grant acquittal
Please note that a Business Support Grant Acquittal is to be completed after the grant funding is spent. Council expects this to be completed within three weeks after expending the grant, but before the deadline of October 30 2020. The acquittal is used to prove all expenditures from the grant are inline with its guidelines and conditions. FOR BUSINESSES ONLY!