Port Wakefield Master Plan
Port Wakefield is one of our region’s most significant tourism and lifestyle opportunities – that’s why Council has adopted a Master Plan and is investing $1M this financial year to recast the historic seaside town as the launch pad for great adventures, while rejuvenating the streetscapes and foreshore.
Award-winning designer GDstudia is now developing concepts for the first stages of the plan and we would like your feedback:
- Edward Street greening and beautification – see the concepts here
- Active town plaza and playground at the tidal pool – see the concepts here
- Landscaping, upgrading and reorientating the caravan park – see the concepts here
- Full documentation can be viewed here
Council has committed $500,000 to the project in 2022/23, along with a further $500,000 from the Federal Government’s Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program. We love this gem of a town and are excited about the opportunities this project will bring.
How to have a say
Drop-in and see
Concept designs will be on display for you to view.
Where: Port Wakefield Soldiers Memorial Hall, Edward St, Port Wakefield
- Saturday 24 September, 10am to 1pm
- Wednesday 28 September, 10am to 2pm
- Friday 30 September, 10am to 2pm
- Thursday 6 October, 2pm to 6pm
Where: Rising Sun Hotel, Edward Street, Port Wakefield
When: Friday 23 September to Tuesday 11 October (during opening hours)
Where: Council office, Scotland Street Balaklava
When: Wednesday 7 September until Monday 10 October, during office hours (9am to 5pm)
Fill-out a feedback form
You can also send written submissions to Council marked ‘Port Wakefield concepts’ by:
Email – email@example.com
Post – PO Box 167, Balaklava SA 5461