We encourage and support community events and see them as a way of bringing people in our region together and drawing in visitors from elsewhere.
When do I need to do a major event permit?
- If you, or your organisation, are hosting a community event in a public reserve or space, or
- need to close off roads and have traffic management during the event, or you are;
- planning to sell/serve food to the general public.
NOTE: even if you are only asking for donations in return for food or homemade goods (jams, chuntey, baked goods such as cakes etc), you still need to lodge a Major Event Permit. Any handling of food to the public MUST be permitted when in an event setting.
Please be mindful that we require a permit within at least 20 days of your event date.
How do I lodge a permit?
1. Read our Major Event Management Guide PDF, 820.58 KB for a condensed check list on what you need to do and have in mind for your event.
2. When you're ready and have a good idea of what your event will look like, fill in the Major Event Permit.
4. Invite the Mayor to your Event (online form) to hand out awards, make a speech or more.