COVID-19 update

Council is continuing to update information for residents.

We're here to support you, so if you need, contact us in the following ways:

Important information for residents and businesses can be found here.

Dismiss alert

Event Management

We encourage and support community events and see them as a way of bringing people in our region together and drawing in visitors from elsewhere.

When do I need to do a major event permit?

  • If you, or your organisation, are hosting a community event in a public reserve or space, or
  • need to close off roads and have traffic management during the event, or you are;
  • planning to sell/serve food to the general public.

NOTE: even if you are only asking for donations in return for food or homemade goods (jams, chuntey, baked goods such as cakes etc), you still need to lodge a Major Event Permit. Any handling of food to the public MUST be permitted when in an event setting.

Please be mindful that we require a permit within at least 20 days of your event date.

How do I lodge a permit?

1. Read our Major Event Management Guide PDF, 820.58 KB for a condensed check list on what you need to do and have in mind for your event.

2. When you're ready and have a good idea of what your event will look like, fill in the Major Event Permit.

3. Lodge the permit with Council.

4. Invite the Mayor to your Event (online form) to hand out awards, make a speech or more.