COVID-19 update

Council is continuing to update information for residents.

We're here to support you, so if you need, contact us in the following ways:

Important information for residents and businesses can be found here.

Dismiss alert

Working with Council

When selecting a contractor to carry out a service on Council premises, staff will refer to their Approved Contractor Register.
How do you get listed on the Approved Contractor Register?
  • Contact the Council office and request for a Contractor Registration Form
  • Complete the form and return it to the Council office.
What documentation do you need to provide?
Along with the Contractor Registration Form, you will need to provide;
  • Business Registration
  • Return To Work Registration (previously WorkCover)
  • Public Liability insurance
  • WHS Policy & Procedures & Safe Work Instructions
  • Trade Licences & Tickets
Once all the information has been received, you will be notified and added to the Approved Contractor Register.
Do you need to do any further training?
In addition to the paperwork, you will need to complete the Wakefield Regional Council Contractor Online WHS module. Click here for more information.
Just remember
Legislation dictates that contractors are legally workers of Council when contracted to do work for and on Council sites. To manage this we have policies and procedures in place for contractor management.