A Message from the Mayor: COVID-19 and our community
Dear Wakefield residents
When faced with challenges in the past we have pulled together, lending support to those doing it tough and showing that our community is our greatest asset.
The current situation with the COVID-19 virus is an emerging situation that will require a progressive and considered response from Government, Council and the community.
Three things we can do right now are:
1. Make sure we are getting information from the right sources:
- SA Health’s Communicable Disease Control Branch provides regular updates on COVID-19 in South Australia. Visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au
- The Australian Government Department of Health website is the primary source of advice on COVID-19 in Australia. Visit www.health.gov.au
2. Make sure we are following the directions on hygiene and health:
- SA Health’s Wash, Wipe, Cover resources can be found at www.sahealth.sa.gov.au
3. Most importantly, look out for each other as we have done before. Take some time to check in on any elderly or vulnerable relatives and friends to make sure they’re doing OK.
Please also support local small businesses that may be doing it tough and, as much as possible, spend in the region.
I want to assure you that Council has plans to continue delivering essential services to you through these challenging times.
At some point in time, when we are through this difficult period, we should be able to look back with pride at how we’ve responded and supported each other.
Let’s use this event to show Wakefield is a caring community.
Mayor Rodney Reid